Star Citizen Patch 3.9.0
Alpha Patch 3.9.0 has been released and is now available! Patch should now show: VERSION 3.9.0-LIVE.5125346.
It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizen\LIVE.
UPDATE: 5125346 – Back-end services quick fix and new database wipe (LTP still on)
Database Persistence Wipe: YES
Long Term Persistence: Enabled
- The Cutlass “Best in Show” version has an opaque canopy. Note: We will be providing a Cutlass Black loaner soon.
- Duplicate, static trains may appear at Lorville or New Babbage.
- Ground vehicles can not be spawned at outpost ASOP terminals (still spawnable at Levski, Lorville, and New Babbage)
- Players can become stuck when jumping over some railings
- Ships can hitch or teleport at times when observing their motion
- For ECN alerts, the rescued Starfarer will sometimes circle endlessly after all waves are cleared
- The player can spawn with their prison suit still on after ending their sentence
- Being in a large party can cause party markers to fail to appear when inside a ship
- If a player crashes while transitioning into prison they will be unable to use their multitool
- Players can not see through the scope of the Arrowhead or P6-LR when crouched
- FOIP animations are not transmitting to others nearby
- Cargo boxes left behind after a ship explodes appear to blink in and out while the player is moving
- Player inner-thought and interaction system is off-set in wide screen resolutions
- Autopilot sometimes does not disengage after triggered by no-fly zone
- Heavy environmental suit armors block portions of the mobiGlas
- Added microTech clothing collection.
- Added New Babbage Landing Zone – Interiors
To serve as their corporate headquarters, microTech built New Babbage, a luxurious domed city with open spaces designed to inspire the creativity and productiveness of the people who work here. Drawn by the innovation and world-class amenities, other cutting edge companies and tech firms have opened up offices inside the city as well. From here, wealthy tech moguls work, relax, and party before heading out to weekend at some of the planet’s beautiful winter destinations.
- Added Klescher automated prison
Players who are directly killed by or die within a short distance of security forces or bounty hunters will now go to prison. In prison, all player inventory is inaccessible, and instead players are given a stock prison suit and a multi-tool with a mining attachment. Spare multi-tools can be found at the “commissary kiosk” should theirs be lost. Players can serve their time normally or contribute to society by working in the designated mining areas. Collected materials can be exchanged for “merits” to reduce your sentence using kiosks located near the mines. Once your sentence is complete, look for the “processing” section of the prison and interact with the kiosk. After being released, you will wake up at your last port.
- Added microTech Moons: Calliope, Clio, and Euterpe
- Added caves and cave missions to microTech and its moons.
- Added food to shops and stands throughout the verse.
- New Criminal Mission: Hijacked Caterpillar Prisoner Transport
- Added mining laser sub-items
Mining sub-items are consumable components which can be attached to advanced mining laser heads to provide temporary increased effectiveness. Sub-items can be activated within the cockpit using the interaction system while actively mining to briefly decrease the instability, lower resistance, increase the optimal window, and so on. While most have a duration to their effect, some are triggered instantly so they can be used in case of emergencies or as an immediate boost.
- Introduced a volatile mineable ore
Quantainium is a widely available and highly unstable ore used in the production of quantum fuel. Once it is mined, care must be used in the speed and manner in which it is transported. Not only does it degrade over time, but any impact will cause it to deteriorate further. The more degraded the quantainium, the more unstable it is and the higher the risk of it exploding. When a dangerous threshold is crossed, the player will receive a visual/audio warning and will have the option to eject all cargo. Failing to eject risks the ship taking damage or being destroyed. Given the risk, successful delivery of quantainium will be a lucrative endeavor.
- Added two new surface harvestables
- Added in-hand weapon attachment swapping
Players can now customize weapon attachments by interacting with the weapons themselves when held. Hold down F and click on “customize” on a held weapon that can use custom attachments. This will allow you to change weapon components such as sights, barrel attachments, and under barrel attachments.
- Added bindings for single axis first person zoom and first person zoom in/out toggle button
- Players can now exit ezHAB beds using basic (WASD) movement keys
- Added quick buy option with price to food items in shops
- New actor status system
With the variety of extreme environments throughout the verse, players will have to factor in extreme hot and cold temperatures when planning their adventures. If you want to stay safe in these conditions, equip yourself with the new Caldera Pembroke and Novikov suits. If you’re not equipped for the temperatures, you’ll begin to suffer the negative effects of hyperthermia and hypothermia, eventually resulting in death. As with preparing your equipment for different temperatures, you have to prepare your body as well. We have also added “hunger” and thirst”, which will be increasing constantly, so you’ll need to stay topped up if you don’t want to suffer the effects of dehydration or starvation. In addition, keeping yourself hydrated and well fed may have positive benefits to motor functions. You can use the commodities inventory to stow away store-able foods and drinks for the journey ahead. Hunger and thirst are persistent effects that carry over from session to session. A more detailed UI has been added to the player visor to track these various states and is visible when activating the personal inner-thought wheel (F+right click).
- Added Esperia Prowler
Named after the UPE military designation, the Prowler is a modernized version of the infamous Tevarin armored personnel carrier. Esperia’s astroengineers were given unmitigated access to study original versions of the ship recently discovered in the Kabal system to help meticulously reconstruct the vehicle. Now, the Prowler is the perfect fusion of two cultures: the elegance and effectiveness of the Tevarin war machine combined with the reliability of modern Human technology.
- Added new ship weapon: Esperia Lightstrike Cannons
An Esperia recreation of Tevarin historic technology, these energy cannons come in sizes 1 to 3 and are designed for medium to long ranges.
- Added new s hip weapon series: Esperia Deadbolt Cannons
An Esperia recreation of Tevarin historic technology, the Deadbolt series are ballistic cannons ranging from size 4 to sized 6 and are designed for short range engagements during drops.
- Added new contact list and party system flow via unification with Spectrum friend’s list
The in-game friend’s list now uses your Spectrum friends and has been entirely reworked. The main menu now has a “Friends” tab and a “Notifications” tab. Friends can be added directly by using the “+Add” key and all friends/contact notifications will appear in the notifications tab until dismissed (note: crash recovery will also appear here). When creating a party, a new tab will appear showing party members and leader. The pre-3.9 in-game contacts list will be merged into your existing. Spectrum friend’s list once 3.9 goes live, but for now PTU spectrum is where the PTU friend’s list can be tested.
- Updated geological aspects of various planetary bodies with new visuals and assets
- Default spawn location choices have been updated to only include major city locations (New Babbage, Area18, Lorville)
- Added size 1 gimbals to all shops that carry gimbals
- Sprint speed while your fists are raised has been increased to match unarmed sprint speed
- Adjusted atmosphere density for ArcCorp and Hurston
- Updated arrival radius distance for lagrange points – from 120km to 70km
- Placed comm arrays around planets and moons and reduced their monitoring radius to cover just those sectors
- Updated kiosk screens at Port Olisar, Lorville, Levski, Area18, and Grim HEX
- Increased the brightness of the exterior lights around Levski
- Updated ship AI behavior to include greater speed ranges and improved avoidance
- Updated first person radial menu for personal inner-thought interaction system
The updated Radial menu gives quick access to certain actions which are context specific, such as on foot or in a pilot seat. These actions include emotes, weapon customizations, helmet removal, and many more. Each action is also shown with its relevant keybind where applicable. The menu will save your most used actions as favorites on the main wheel and can be accessed by opening the Personal Thought menu by holding F and right clicking (interact + mouse2).
- Doubled the payout of all criminal missions
- Added infraction to immediately impound player ships that collide with ships with the right to be within a landing area
- Shifted the threshold to obtain lvl 4 and 5 crime stats
- Lowered the amount your character twitches while impacted by fire in combat
- Made murder and inmate murder against party members be automatically forgiven
- Crashing a ship with players aboard will no longer award the pilot with a homicide crime sta
- Forward/backward on vehicles can now be assigned to axes
- Added missile incoming alerts to building block based ship HUDs
- The velocity limiter can be now adjusted while disabled, with a faded line indicating where the limiter will be once reactivated
- Returned missiles to tap to lock, hold to launch and added a keybind (not bound by default) for unlocking
- Increased the headlight range of the Vanguard series
- Added a small screen for medbed interactions in the 890 Jump
- Shifted the mass on the Anvil Ballista from front to body to prevent the rear lifting continuously
- Argo Mole can now attach size 1 mining lasers
- To temporarily offset some of the issues with shield holes, damage to some ship components (some weapons and turrets) no longer passes through to the ship hull
- Added on damage delay to ASAS shields
- Reduced gravity compensation in partial landing to make landing easier
- Added rain canopy VFX to the Avenger, Eclipse, Arrow, Gladiator, Hawk, Hornet, Herald, Merlin, Starfarer, Freelancer, Prospector, Razor, 300i, 85x, and Sabre
- All PU purchasable items should now be available to REC rent
- Ships rented with REC should now be customizable
- Increased available deadzone range for vjoy by 20%
- Set default vjoy deadzone to 4.5%
- Lowered assisted gimbal slew speed
- Mouse relative mode is now an optional setting for mouse control but not bound by default
- Players can low lock the rotation of their ship using the Rshift key
- Increased wing health of all Reliants
- Added missiles to all Reliants
- Added second gimbal turret to Reliant Kore
- Streamlined some aim and flying controls to reduce complexity in preparing for future updates.
Many of the custom settings for manual gimbal aiming and aim/look controls have been changed to streamline for future updates. You can find a detailed post on those changes here: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/190049/thread/3-9-0-update-changes-to-some-aim-and-flight-contro
- Tweaked combat damage of S2 mass drivers to bring them more in line with similar sized weapons
- Reduced head camera shake, reduced spread, and increased climb/drift for the Karna rifle
- The extreme weather heavy armor suits Pembroke (extreme heat) and Novikov (extreme cold) can be found at Lorville’s and Port Tressler’s armor shops respectively.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the player wallet to get set to 0 aUEC after character wipes and database resets
- Pressing backspace on the main menu should no longer cause the menu to disappear
- If a players uses both the pilot and bridge control seats, one should no longer get stuck
- Players should now be able to logout in the beds of the 890 and the Reclaimer
- Carrack headlights should now function
- Fixed an issue that could cause the player to get stuck on the character customizer screen
- CryAstro repair services should now work normally without the need to hover prior to landing
- Ships should no longer get into an invulnerable state sometimes after repair
- Ships should no longer rotate to align with an invisible plane before engaging non-spline quantum travel
- Look behind camera should no longer occasionally clip into ship geometry
- Area18 habitation floors should now have atmosphere
- Logging out of the Caterpillar’s beds should no longer cause the player to log back in the pilot seat
- Patrol missions should now correctly appear in the Crusader area
- Fixed an issue where multiple ships could place a size 3 to 5 remote turret onto a gun hardpoint
- Traveling to OM-1 should now send the player to the correct location and not to the center of Stanton
- Carrack upper command ship controls should now have a HUD
- There should no longer be a constant light reflection in the Sabre’s cockpit that obstructs the player’s view
- Breathing should no longer be occasionally heard while in a loading screen
- Avenger bed interaction should now work correctly
- AI ships should no longer spin wildly when in combat
- The character customizer should no longer become unresponsive
- Player should now be able to look through sniper scopes correctly while crouching and prone
- FPS AI should no longer aim in a random direction prior to aiming at the player
- A ship should no longer be able to snag another ship in its physics grid, moving it out of sync and allowing access to cargo
- Fixed a VOIP issue that was causing players to get into a state where Proximity and/or Primary channels can be heard globally after entering another primary channel
- Refuel / restock / repair options should now work correctly at HUR-L4
- Valkyrie Liberator variant should now be able to hold cargo
- Players should no longer see the withdrawal of every mission element when the Call to Arms mission is withdrawn
- Manned turrets should no longer appear out of sync and to not move to other players
- Players should no longer encounter invisible players who are out of sync
- Players should no longer be able to set direct QT routes or skip in-between jumps
- Player should no longer be affected by strong wind while moving around on the two platforms at the Central Business District
- Cargo boxes created from personal inventory should now be able to be sold at the commodities kiosk